Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone different network

peter401
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently bought a  brand new phone from o2 my provider. It was a present for someone who is with vodafone. How do they connect it to there network. I tried to unlock it from 02 but they said the imei number had never been used. They've put their sim in the phone but doesn't seem to work

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to use a PAYG Phone for 12 months before it can be unlocked https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@peter401 I believe you would have to put your O2 sim in the phone to register it on the O2 network before you could unlock it. Depending on the phone you bought, you may not be able to unlock it immediately. What kind of phone is it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to use a PAYG Phone for 12 months before it can be unlocked https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
or get someone on a contract to use it for a few days and then request it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @peter401, you got some replies above, it would be lovely to hear how you're doing with this and if you need further information?

Message 5 of 5