cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone delayed, now I won't be able to claim free gift. Will o2 compensate?

Lee93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

On the 4th of April I ordered my new phone. With the phone (Xperia 5) I am supposed to receive a free 32" TV, however, on the 5th of April I received an email saying the Xperia 5 is currently out of stock and that I would be notified once my order was on its way. I still haven't heard a thing, and the free TV offer ends on the 5th of May, but from what I've read, you can't claim the free gift until 14 days after your phone arrives.

Unless my new phone arrives today or tomorrow, the promotion will end before I can claim my free gift.

Will o2 offer some form of compensation (the cost of the TV as cashback perhaps?) or will I have to cancel my contract?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lee93 

You'll need to ask customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Lee93
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apparently we are not supposed to call customer service regarding orders. How likely is it my order has been forgotten or overlooked? The website says delivery within 2-3 days when I select the Xperia 5. Is it possible it is back in stock but my order has been missed?
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Lee93 wrote:
Apparently we are not supposed to call customer service regarding orders. How likely is it my order has been forgotten or overlooked? The website says delivery within 2-3 days when I select the Xperia 5. Is it possible it is back in stock but my order has been missed?

No idea where you got that info from. We have been told to refer all queries to O2 UNLESS we can answer them on here @Lee93 

Also regardless of O2 claiming a phone is in stock, the ordering /stock system isn't live, so no-one knows if it's really in stock or not.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Lee93
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
"Online orders, upgrades and deliveries are running as normal, but reduced stock levels may result in delays to receiving orders. Please avoid calling as O2 will keep you informed by email whenever there is news for you."
On a post made by @MI5 linked in his response on this thread.
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Lee93 

The situation changes daily. I would be calling. The thread @MI5 linked to was a combined effort by more than one person.

Also on THIS thread, he advised you to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Unfortunately @Lee93 we do not have access to O2 and don't know what stick they have or when they will be getting any.

As far as I am concerned, customer service are there to help customers, especially with account questions which we cannot help with.

They are paid to do this so my advice to call them still stands.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Lee93
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK thanks, I'll give them a call soon.
Message 8 of 8