Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone but need to talk to O2

suet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need a new phone. I have found one still with O2 but on another site which is a lot cheaper than O2 and wanted to see if O2 could offer a better deal. Also want to keep same number, how do I get pac code when you cannot talk to anyone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@suet 

O2 wont pricematch as they offer Refresh and other perks. If you take out a contract with a 3rd party it will be a standard 2 year contract, without benefits. The choice is yours obviously.

If you take out the new contract with someone else, you just need to call O2 to migrate your number across. Or use your old sim if it fits the new phone.

Contact numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edited to add, you don't need a PAC if staying with O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

suet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats the problem, cannot get hold of anyone to speak to on O2.  Mine is a micro sim and the phone I am interested in is nano apparently.  I have been with O2 for years and do not feel I have had any priveleges really and the other company are offering a much better deal.  Thanks for your help though.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@suet If all you need is a different size sim you can call into an O2 store and they will swap your details onto a nano sim for free. You can then buy your phone anywhere you're getting the best deal for it.

If you don't have a store nearby, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through to customer service.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

If you're moving to another network and want your PAC, you don't need to speak to anyone: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@suet 

You can't use your old sim as the new deal with a 3rd party will be a new connection and will come with a new sim card anyway.

Just call customer sevice to migrate your number when you get the new contract.

You can go into any O2 store to get this done too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5