Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New o2 customer and sim won't activate

Luff84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just switched from Vodafone to o2 and it's been a terrible experience so far! o2 are saying there is a problem setting me up an account and that my new sim won't be activtated for 5 days until a manager has "cleared the account" - what does this even mean? 

The lady said that she can't even credit me anything because i don't technically have an account yet?

I currently have a shiny new phone with a sim card that doesn't work, Anything i can do?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Luff84 

Unfortunately, you need to wait for customer services to sort out your account.

You are the second person today who has reported this problem so I guess there is a problem with activating new accounts currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Luff84 

Unfortunately, you need to wait for customer services to sort out your account.

You are the second person today who has reported this problem so I guess there is a problem with activating new accounts currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Luff84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.

It's very upsetting as my daughter was having my current phone for her birthday which just happneded to be yesterday. Now she has to wait for this mess to sort itself out as well! I guess that as it's not an isolated issue it may be resolved sooner rather than later but that's probably wishful thinking 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
All we can do is hope for the best for you.
Keep us updated please.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4