cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number/sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 5 different chat's with the o2 chat people i'm still no better off than when I started.. infact i'm just stressed out because the person I spoke to couldn't read my question.

So here's my situation, I paid for my girlfriends (now ex) contract, so she still has the sim and being an idiot won't speak to me. So what I need to know is:

1) Is it possible to cancel the sim card (quite obviously yes but still checking)

2) Then get a new number assigned to that contract (So basically change numbers)

3) And finally then get a new sim for that number?

Now it all sounds possible to me but the o2 chat people almost cancelled my contract, then sent me a new sim card even though I stated I want to do this on Saturday!!!

So can someone please clarify this is possible?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Is the contract in your name? If yes then there's no issues whatsoever it's technically your phone she has and could claim theft;)

I encountered this exact problem a while ago as well:(

I ended up informing O2 that I was no longer In possession of the phone and by default it was technically stolen. Ended up with a new phone and sim, new number and now the ex has nothing:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Is the contract in your name? If yes then there's no issues whatsoever it's technically your phone she has and could claim theft;)

I encountered this exact problem a while ago as well:(

I ended up informing O2 that I was no longer In possession of the phone and by default it was technically stolen. Ended up with a new phone and sim, new number and now the ex has nothing:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

It is possible to have the number changed on the contract and to get a new sim card delivered. The only bugbear would be the address that the contract is registered in. If it's your own address then there should be no problem, otherwise you would have to change the billing address to which the new sim is delivered.

Forget chat, for something like this you will be better speaking to a 'live' person using the 'contact us' link at the foot of any web page.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer the address thing yes it's my account and registered to my home address so whooo I can get it done!

I mean I used the live text chat at the bottom but I now realise I should have just called someone...

Can't be bothered with going through it as theft just want to try and get her out my life ha! And also it's an iphone from a previous contract so wouldn't get anything slight_smile

Thanks for your help guys i'll speak to them today!

Last question can I do this all instore?

Message 4 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I can understand that:) not everyone is as vindictive as me mwhaha.

I think your best bet would be to do it over the phone. The store will probably just tell you to phone CS. Sorry mate
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

Yes you should be able to. You could just say you are getting nuisance calls and want to change the number.

The store would contact customer service for you if necessary but I would take along some form of id to be onthe safe side, maybe a utility bill and passport.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thanks guys, can understand why you'd want the phone back but I think she will eventually post it or drop it off.... she's got other things of mine I need back.

I'll just call them then but won't it take ages for a sim to come through the post?

Message 7 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Shouldn't do they're normally pretty quick about it:)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I do it tomorrow, reckon I could get it by Friday? slight_smile

Message 9 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd hope so:) but obviously I cannot guarentee:( I got mine next day
Message 10 of 13