Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New legislation?

Debidorothy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve heard that new legislation allows you to change tariff, move between networks etc.  when your airtime contract ends but still have an outstanding amount on your device plan, is this right?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Debidorothy 

The new rules allow for the airtime and device plan to be unlinked after 24 months.

Refresh plan 

If you're contracted with us after 17 December 2021, the minimum contract term is up to 24 months. You must have a monthly rolling Airtime Plan linked with your Device Plan throughout your minimum contract term.

After 24 months, your Airtime Plan and Device Plan will unlink. After that point, you can choose to: (i) continue with your original Device Plan and Airtime Plan, (ii) continue with your Device Plan and terminate your Airtime Plan, or (iii) terminate both your Airtime Plan and Device Plan (provided that you pay the remainder of your Device Plan in full).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Not heard anything like that @Debidorothy.

Where did you hear about it?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Debidorothy 

The new rules allow for the airtime and device plan to be unlinked after 24 months.

Refresh plan 

If you're contracted with us after 17 December 2021, the minimum contract term is up to 24 months. You must have a monthly rolling Airtime Plan linked with your Device Plan throughout your minimum contract term.

After 24 months, your Airtime Plan and Device Plan will unlink. After that point, you can choose to: (i) continue with your original Device Plan and Airtime Plan, (ii) continue with your Device Plan and terminate your Airtime Plan, or (iii) terminate both your Airtime Plan and Device Plan (provided that you pay the remainder of your Device Plan in full).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3