cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone 5 on monthly contract upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received my new phone today, old one was a blackberry so had to swap sim, which appeared to work fine. Did that about 10am this morning, and by noon my old phone lost its signal and new phone shows O2, but no bars showing. Always had a great signal at home with my old phone. Went on live chat to get some advice, they did all 1st stage checks, area coverage, take sim out and give it a wipe, reboot iphone etc. No joy with any of it, the keep telling me it should be ok in 2-24 hours but now without access to my old phone as that sim is no longer active. I have looked online and seen quite a few issues like this so checked all the things they suggested but to no avail. Now really frustrated and beginning to think I either have a faulty iPhone or something isn't set up right. Can anyone help as the agents on the online chat appear to be preprogrammed to ask the same questions and give the same responses and I'm just going round in circles and getting no where?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
New phone on route to me today and I have to hand the other over to courier....it was a fault with the phone as sim worked phone in another phone at the O2 store

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Live chat is the first line of support for O2. You must do as they say - it's your only hope wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
God help them then slight_smile
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and welcome to the 02 Community Forum,

Live Chat have their issues with communication as they are outsourced in other countries and are ok with limited general enquiries. We are told they are going through further training to improve the service they currently provide.

Turn your phone off and back on throughout the day so re boot your iphone.

If by this stage your phone has not connected it may be worth 

a, Going into your local 02 High-Street store to have the settings checked over by a Guru.

b, Make an appointment at your Apple Genius Barr for them to check the hardware.

Do not let 02 send the phone away for repair as Apple themselves typically just swap the handset over for you.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
New phone on route to me today and I have to hand the other over to courier....it was a fault with the phone as sim worked phone in another phone at the O2 store
Message 5 of 5