Did you mean: 

New contract

Sez2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys.
I’ve finally got my partner to switch to O2 but what ID will he/we need to take to take out a contract. The reason i say. “We” is that payments will have to go out of a bank account thats in my name (not sure if that means the contract will be in my name too so advice on that would be great aswell lol).
Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Sez2

For ID you need passport, drivers license, utility bill etc.
The account can be in either name but whoever it is must pass the credit and identity checks.
Payment can come from either of your bank accounts but you must take the bank card with you for the account you wish to pay from.
Best wishes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Sez2

For ID you need passport, drivers license, utility bill etc.
The account can be in either name but whoever it is must pass the credit and identity checks.
Payment can come from either of your bank accounts but you must take the bank card with you for the account you wish to pay from.
Best wishes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
PS. Don’t forget to apply for your discount too slight_smile
https://www.o2.co.uk/additional-line

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Sez2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much for that. Its truly appreciated. I thought i’d best check before i drag him out to get sorted 😂.
Have a great day M15!!
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You too and hope all goes well slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sez2 Just be aware that the 'We' doesn't apply to any charges on the account. If your partner goes over his allowances, as it's your account the charges are down to 'you'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6