Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Angelogab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello community. I will tell you my story so far and I will do it just to feel better. I have already a contract with EE and these days I got an offer to either upgrade or leave the network.
I went to O2 website and I was browsing because I want to change my network actually. I’ve found what I like and I placed the order on 26/01 for a phone and a contact as well. I accepted all the paperwork and I’ve received the classic welcome and legal stuff mails from O2. Two days after I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t have the time except at 12 at night if they are on to speak with them over the phone that’s why I tried live chat. On 26/01 I was told that they processing my order and I should wait 24 hours. After 24 hours on 27/01 I chatted with them and they told me that the order is with the credit team for checks ( not declined in first place ). After 24 hours at 28/01 I’m chatting again with them and they told me that I should wait another 24 hours in order to investigate what’s going on. As a result thanks to that 5stars customer service I don’t know if I will get the phone tomorrow as they told me from the chat ( I assume not by the time no one informed me for any dispatch or anything else at all ) I cannot upgrade with EE because I don’t know my order status with O2 obviously and I don’t want to find myself with 2 contracts and of course I lost £300 of free stuff that EE was giving me because I’m still waiting from O2 to inform me.
Nice customer service for a new customer though. I’ve read everything that it is said for them here and I totally agree with every negative word!
I know that no one that can help is here from O2 and we all are community members but it’s totally ridiculous in 2021 with so many competition outside to have that attitude to potential customers.
Regards to everyone!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
In all honesty it doesn't sound like you have been accepted, but beats me why they can't tell you either way?
I'd just go elsewhere so as not to be messed about. Lots of good offers out there if you look around.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Angelogab
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Because I always fight when I’m right and in this case I’m right because it’s their fault. I don’t like giving things up and make them feel that we got away with it.
Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Best of luck whichever way it goes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 22

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag,

@Angelogab Apologies for the inconvenience caused with this order, I am still chasing it up with the relevant team. I will send you a update via private message with further details.

Thank you for your patience

Waqas

signature
Message 14 of 22

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 I can confirm this query has been resolved.

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 15 of 22

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@ClaireH01 I will send you a private message so we can have a look in your query further, apologies for the inconvenience caused with the order

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Thanks @O2Waqas 

Hope @Angelogab is happy with the resolution too...

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Angelogab
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m so happy guys thank you so much for your help !
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Angelogab wrote:
I’m so happy guys thank you so much for your help !

Mexican Wave

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

Angelogab
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good morning ! Now that I know that my order is released I found out something else. There was an upfront payment Of £30 that all these days was pending on my bank account. Now I got the money back to my account as if I never paid any upfront. Anyone with same experience?
Message 20 of 22