cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract with o2 via 3rd party. Can I transfer my exsisting number?

Josh1992
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I am looking to get a new pay monthly with o2 via a trusted 3rd party supplier as it is cheaper deal than o2 can’t offer me. Therefore my question is when I get new phone delivered I’ll pay the remainder of my current contract off can I then transfer my original number to my new contract.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Josh1992 @Just call 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract. This will end the old contract and generate your final bill. If you end it before transferring number you may lose it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Josh1992 @Just call 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract. This will end the old contract and generate your final bill. If you end it before transferring number you may lose it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Josh1992  Just be aware of what you're agreeing to. If you search the forum you will see that many people have had nightmares with some of O2's 'trusted 3rd parties'. Make sure you read the contract thoroughly. The deal you think you're getting may not be what it seems.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Josh1992 

Please take note of what @Bambino has said above. Many O2 customers sign up to O2's so called trusted partners' contracts and find themselves on business contracts, they didn't want and find it very difficult to get out of.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 4