cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract with e-sim - phone delivered, but stuck in processing.

JollyRoger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've just ordered a new phone on a monthly contract and received the handset, but found that the e-sim was not working. Apparently despite signing the contract, paying, and receiving the handset, there has been some sort of technical problem on the networking end and the number hasn't been assigned yet. I've been told that it can take 5-10 days for networking back office to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Did their new e-sim/number actually work, and how long did it take? I have to say this isn't the best first impression for a new customer.

Any advice or feedback is welcome.

Thanks and all the best

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Tebs
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it was and thanks

Message 11 of 17

PrincessO
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Tebs I've spent all day today and 3 hours yesterday on this same issue but mine is an upgrade - switch up. Still unresolved and it also happened in February when I ported my number over. I was told it's my fault, it's because I ordered an eSim, it's processing, my number's showing as active etc.  My O2 app/Web doesn't show me anything. Can't access anything that requires an OTP as I won't get it.

Message 12 of 17

Tebs
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t have access to my o2 app either it says I have no products or services. How long did February problem take to fix as I’m having the same issue with otp’s I got locked out my bank and other apps I use. I also can’t do conference calls at work because I can’t call anyone on my phone it’s so frustrating. 

Message 13 of 17

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Tebs @PrincessO - have either of you tried to use Social Media to reach O2 CS? Twitter/X, Facebook, Instagram are the platforms they use, the ways to reach them on any of these are in the link just below this post. You may need to nudge them a few times, but (a) it beats hanging on the phone, and (b) they are more able to resolve those unscripted problems than the phone support agents are.

Good luck! (And don't forget there is a big match on today, so get in early to be in with a chance of a response today 👍🏼). Good luck!

Message 14 of 17

Tebs
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the advice I contacted o2 on X and they said the same as the last he can’t do anything as the account is still processing they have dedicated teams working on it and they will get back to me soon. So unfortunately I’m still stuck in limbo 

Message 15 of 17

wellsley
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is so frustrating, for anyone who is going through this. I think I've got the winner though. Ordered an upgrade on the 19th July, new phone and e-sim. 2 and ah half weeks later and it's still ongoing. Tickets have been raised, 7 phone calls later, and they still can't resolve it. It can't be fixed, can't go forward, also can't be cancelled. it's gone to 02 escalation team, they are pushing on it but they can't give me a timeframe for a result. Local store have my phone but cant release it because the e-sim is stuck in processing. My patience is in tatters!

Message 16 of 17

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7810 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Quite frankly I would steer clear of using an eSIM for a main number. It's a load of messing if you have to change phones for any reason.

My main number is plastic and both my secondary networks are eSIM 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 17 of 17