cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract price - written notification difference.

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, I know this is a customer based forum but thought I'd throw it up anyway as I don't really want to ring CS unless I have to.

Called into an O2 shop two weeks ago. Changed my SIM only contract to a 4G 12 month SIM only @ £11pm (+RPI annual April rise) 500/unlimited/500mb. Got a printed contract with price and girl wrote my allowances on it too. My MyO2 was updated and all this is correct.

Today I got a letter from Head of consumer marketing Mr Bould, it welcomed me to the world of 4G etc but states my contract is for £14pm + RPI April rise. I'm thinking it's a typo. Worth bothering about or should I just keep an eye on MyO2 and the next few bills? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Obviously check your first bill but also check in My O2 to see what your tariff is. If different from what you signed up for then call customer service.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Obviously check your first bill but also check in My O2 to see what your tariff is. If different from what you signed up for then call customer service.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Someone else reported the exact same issue earlier this week - They called CS and it was confirmed the letter was an error, but, as above, do check what it states in your "My O2"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks jonsie, I had checked MyO2 and it was updated correctly two weeks ago, it's still showing correct amount. I'm thinking the letter has an amount typo so I'll just keep an eye on things rather than having CS tinkeing about in my account and things going pear shaped after that .. slight_smile

<edit> Just seen your reply MI5, noted and thanks.

Message 4 of 4