Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract not connected with my account

ADJC1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently purchased a new phone through a third party retailer Mobile Phones Direct and started a new contract.

I received the phone and it's all working fine with the temporary number but I have had no communication from O2 and I need to get my old number transferred over as soon as possible.

I have a PAC code from my previous network ready to use but when I spoke to O2 support this morning they said that the process of activating my account had stalled during the major network disturbance last week and there was nothing they could do to move it forward.

However, they knew that my temporary number was mine as it has been associated with a dormant O2 account I haven't used for a few years because of my email address. But when I log into that old account there are no contracts showing.

The call handler told me I had to contact Mobile Phones Direct again and tell them to resubmit the info to O2. When I spoke to them they said that they can't do that as once it's gone through from their end there's nothing more they can do.

Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@ADJC1968 I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for an update - I'll let the gurus know that you'd like another callback, and if you need anything else until this happens please give me a shout slight_smile

Thanks @gmarkj for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 11