Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract not connected with my account

ADJC1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently purchased a new phone through a third party retailer Mobile Phones Direct and started a new contract.

I received the phone and it's all working fine with the temporary number but I have had no communication from O2 and I need to get my old number transferred over as soon as possible.

I have a PAC code from my previous network ready to use but when I spoke to O2 support this morning they said that the process of activating my account had stalled during the major network disturbance last week and there was nothing they could do to move it forward.

However, they knew that my temporary number was mine as it has been associated with a dormant O2 account I haven't used for a few years because of my email address. But when I log into that old account there are no contracts showing.

The call handler told me I had to contact Mobile Phones Direct again and tell them to resubmit the info to O2. When I spoke to them they said that they can't do that as once it's gone through from their end there's nothing more they can do.

Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
A sad reflection in o2 customer service and their inability to do anything of any use to customers these days.
Call again and hope you get someone who’s had more than 1 days training.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@ADJC1968

Just a word of advice. You Pac is only active for 30 days after requesting it, so you need to get this sorted asap

What a shambles. Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Weekend isn't a good time to contact customer service in honesty. There are quite a few temps working and they haven't received full training. Nothing can be done before Monday anyway with regards to porting the number in. I'm not sure just how the new contract has been associated with your old account to be honest. Hopefully, someone with sense can get things progressed for you.

Message 4 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @ADJC1968, sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with this. How are you getting on now since you last posted, have you made any progress?

Message 5 of 11

ADJC1968
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Marjo, I spoke to support on the phone this morning 0900 GMT and they said the account was showing an error and she would sort it out and call me back within the hour to complete the process of getting my number changed over. She never called back. 

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@ADJC1968 wrote:

Hi @Marjo, I spoke to support on the phone this morning 0900 GMT and they said the account was showing an error and she would sort it out and call me back within the hour to complete the process of getting my number changed over. She never called back. 

@Marjowill pick up your message in the morning.

Message 7 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Morning @ADJC1968, sorry to hear that! If you still haven't got any update I'm happy to get someone to look into this for you on our end. I'll drop you a PM here on the forum to get a few additional details shortly! 

Message 8 of 11

ADJC1968
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This issue has still not been resolved.

I received a call from a guru called Nicola on 12 Dec who was the first person to realise that the error message needed to be escalated to the IT department. She said they would resolve it in 5 working days. Today is the 6th day and I still haven't heard anything.

Nicola promised to call me back with updates and did so on 14 Dec but called the wrong number. She called the temporary number on the contract and left a message rather than using the contact number I'd given for any communications and which she'd called me back on initially.

She also told me there's no point calling Customer Support with this issue because they won't know what to do. However, she refused to give me her surname so I have no way of following this up other than posting here.

Would someone from O2 please call me back or PM me today to update me.

Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 is there anything you can do to progress this?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 11