Did you mean: 

New contract instead of upgrade

smish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey,

I bought a new contract today through Mobiles.co.uk which is still on o2 but has a new number (rather than an upgrade). I'm going to ask customer services to transfer my old number to the new account. 
I can see what my new number is on the order form, but I haven't got the new phone/SIM yet. Can I start the transfer process now so it is ready, or do I need to be in possession of the new phone and SIM?

Also, do I put the new SIM in the new phone, or keep my old SIM?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You just need to call O2 on 202 and it will be migrated within an hour or so. Best to be in possession of the new phone and sim when you do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You just need to call O2 on 202 and it will be migrated within an hour or so. Best to be in possession of the new phone and sim when you do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

smish
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your help. Would I use the new sim or put my old one in the new phone?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd keep new sim in the new phone and transfer your old number to the new sim. That way, you get the new tariff too without any need for further changes.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

smish
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Awesome, thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6