Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract and old contract keep number

vertigo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, after some advice and clarification.

Basically i messed up as i believed my current sim only contract was a 30 day contract however it was a 12 month contract. in the meantime i bought a new o2 contract with a 3rd party with the premise of cancelling the 30 day contract however it was 12 months.

this left me with 2 options

pay the early termination fee of about £100 or early upgrade to a sim only contract.

i chose the second option. i have now upgraded the 12 month contract to a 30 day contract.

My question is when can i cancel the 30 day contract to transfer my number to the new contract without it reverting back to my old and incurring early terminaion fees?

do i need to port the number out to another network first then port it back to the new contract or can o2 now cancel the 30 day contract and internal transfer the number to the new contract?

whats the best / correct process?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@vertigo 

Just call O2 to migrate your number to the new contract.

You will need to pay for the number of days used on old contract.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@vertigo 

Just call O2 to migrate your number to the new contract.

You will need to pay for the number of days used on old contract.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

vertigo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is there a minimum amount of time i will need to wait from the start of the 30 day contract. will i need to wait 14 days etc so it doesnt revert back to the old contract like it used to

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@vertigo 

Not that I am aware of.

You will be cancelling the 30 day and moving number to a new contract, so there's nothing to revert back to.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4