Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract Rpi increase

Seb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone tell me, if I take out a contract today, will the price I pay be the sticker price or will it have the rpi increase on it? On the page it says this:

"This rate is announced in February and your bill will be adjusted by this amount in April."

"If you joined or upgraded before 19 February 2020, you would've received a message from us telling you about the adjustment and how it impacts your contract. If you joined or upgraded after this date, we'd have told you about it before you'd signed up."

Well it doesn't tell you, so my first bill would be in April, so are they saying that the price they are advertising it at isn't actually the price, or will the rpi increase not be applied to it, it is super confusing o2 you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Seb 

In April it depends what date RPI is added. Nothing showing in the shop now and until that date will have RPI on it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Seb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So are you saying if I take that contract out now, I will not even for one month pay the advertised monthly price? The first payment in April will have the rpi increase on it? Isn't that really misleading.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

To be honest @Seb  I don't know.

I initially understood it would be applied from April 22nd, though not sure whether its delayed due to the currect crisis.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I believe the current advertised prices will be honoured for the next 12 months.
I've just upgraded so can let you know on the 18th when I get my bill, but the rpi increase is only pennies anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5