Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tablet Refresh Order Issues

CJ_Blue
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I decided last week to treat myself to a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 on a Refresh Tariff.

1st problem was I ordered Thursday Evening and paid extra for a Saturday delivery to my home. Of course UKMail had some sort of delay which meant they failed to deliver and I had to phone up to chase the delivery.

O2 Customer Service have rearranged the delivery to come to my work tomorrow and refunded me £10 for the hassle so that's all good (unless UKMail mess up again but fingers crossed they don't).

2nd problem - I have an O2 Open discount so already applied it to my existing pay monthly phone but as you should be able to get 1 discount for a Phone Refresh Tariff and 1 discount for a Tablet Refresh Tariff, I thought I could add the 40% discount to the new tariff as it was a tablet.

I found that logging into O2 Open it listed the new tablet under the phone section under my existing phone number and not in the tablet section so as I already had an O2 Open discount on my phone it wouldn't let me add a discount to the tablet.

I've phoned O2 Customer Service and they said they've added the discount to the tablet but it would take 3 working days to apply so just waiting to see if it's sorted but not 100% sure it's worked as the tablet still appears in the wrong section in O2 Open, frustrating as currently it's a waiting game before I know whether I need to phone them back.

This is the first time I've ordered a Tablet on a O2 Refresh contract so I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or if it's just my bad luck Banana

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @CJ_Blue,

Did you end up hearing back yet from the escalation? I've just dropped you a private message here on the forum just in case!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @CJ_Blue As far as I am aware you are only allowed the discount on one device. If you already have it, I doubt you will be able to apply it to another one

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

However @MI5 is better placed than myself to advise you further, so I have tagged him to the post

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would be the Family plan discount you'd get https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @CJ_Blue As far as I am aware you are only allowed the discount on one device. If you already have it, I doubt you will be able to apply it to another one

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

However @MI5 is better placed than myself to advise you further, so I have tagged him to the post

Well I did check first in the T&C's and found the following:

4.3 Scheme Members can apply for a maximum of two Airtime Discounts at any one time, of which only one can be applied against a Qualifying Contract for a phone (“Voice Contract”) and only one can be applied against a Qualifying Contract for a tablet or mobile broadband (“Data Contract”).

I think the problem is in O2 Open it sees the tablet as a phone and not a tablet if that makes sense.

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CJ_BlueSee @MI5's reply just above yours....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@CJ_BlueSee @MI5's reply just above yours....

@MI5 wrote:
It would be the Family plan discount you'd get https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

Ahh, ok I didn't know about the Family plans, handy as I have another pay monthly phone in my name for a family member that will be coming up for renewal in a few months as well.

Ok, I'll see if I get the discount the CS Rep said they'd applied once I get the tablet and at least I know the options I have. Thanks for the advice so far slight_smile

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I hope they sort this out for you and as far as I know there should be no problem adding this. What I am surprised about is that the adviser didn't mention this to you. Keep any communication with them by phone not live chat.

Message 7 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @CJ_Blue, how are you doing, have you made any progress with this? slight_smile

Message 8 of 15

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @CJ_Blue, how are you doing, have you made any progress with this? slight_smile

Hi @Marjo

Checked my O2 account and it doesn't look like it, only just got the tablet yesterday,so I'll give customer service a call tonight when I get a chance - too busy playing with my new gadget last night slight_smile

Not sure the CS Rep I spoke to on Friday understood what I was trying to do but the call quality/line wasn't that great and they said something about giving it 3 working days.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Message 9 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the update @CJ_Blue, hopefully it will all go well now but do let us know if you get stuck and we can see if we can help in some way on our end. slight_smile

Message 10 of 15