Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

New Simplicity Tariffs

I was told that there are new tariffs being released at the end of the month to compete with the likes of GiffGaff, is this true?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: New Simplicity Tariffs

There are new tariffs coming out, but nothing to do with competing with giffgaff, just the normal annual 'refresh'
In regards to simplicity, ithink they're the same as now, but with the prices rounded up to the nearest 50p so £10.21 becomes £10.50, £30.63 becomes £31 etc, this is the main change to the price structure across all tariffs.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I assume those still within their initial time period won't be affected. Any idea if those on rolling simplicity contracts will be affected?
Highlighted
Anonymous

No tariff currently running will be affected, so whatever you are on now remains the same. The new price only applies to the new tariffs.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I heard rumours that the new Simplicity tariffs will no longer have the option of unlimited o2 to o2 calls or unlimited landline calls as part of the package? Don't know how true that is though? I assume if that change does take place that anyone on the old Simplicity tariffs will keep the free bolt-ons?
Highlighted
Anonymous

The rumour is correct. But nobody will be affected unless they go onto one of the new tariffs
Highlighted
Anonymous

so the simply tariffs are going up but your getting less??
lots of the competitors tariffs already include a data allowance which o2 doesnt, maybe that will change??
Highlighted
Anonymous

If i went for the 12 month simplicity plan of 600 mins and unlimited landlines or 02 calls. Can i at a later stage buy a blackberry blot on as well?
Highlighted
Anonymous

No, as soon as you add a data bolt on, any other bolt on you have is automatically removed. better to choose a tariff that gives enough minutes by itself
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well thats crap have to say . Clearly i have a blackberry therfore need the BB add on which I cant have on this plan.
If i go for a BB plan for example:
600 mins Unlimited Texts 500MB UK Data for BlackBerry its £40.85 which no offence to O2 is a rip off and this is sim only and tied into 18 months.
I think I go to three and the one plan which for £25 gives me 2000 mins , 5000 textx 5000 3 to 3 mins and tottaly unlimited internet, plus I can add a BB add on for £4 total cost £30 and its only tied into 12 months .