Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim, Same Number

Natooshaa13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and as it's a 5G device I have also been sent a 5G sim card. I upgraded through refresh so all my details on my account such as my number etc. are staying the same. For the last couple of weeks I have just carried on using my old sim card for the time being, will I need to swap this for the new sim card and still keep my number etc?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Natooshaa13 As @gmarkj has advised, it's best not to do anything at the moment if your old sim is working. When things return to some semblance of normality you can swap to your new 5G sim by either going in store when they eventually reopen, or you can do it online by following this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/SIM-Swap-a-mini-guide/ba-p/1060675

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you upgraded everything carries on through the old sim card.
Only swap to the new one if you have to as there have been issues with number moves since the lock down started.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Natooshaa13 As @gmarkj has advised, it's best not to do anything at the moment if your old sim is working. When things return to some semblance of normality you can swap to your new 5G sim by either going in store when they eventually reopen, or you can do it online by following this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/SIM-Swap-a-mini-guide/ba-p/1060675

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Natooshaa13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both, I shall leave it for now as my old sim is fully working so no need to cause any problems!
Message 4 of 4