Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM won't activate

Will-44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a O2 customer since 2018 and started a contract last summer and I recently upgraded to a new phone last Friday, the SIM recognises that it is the O2 network but it won't activate to allow me to text or call.

I have tried to chat on MyO2 but can't go further as I don't know the security question and neither does my mother as she is the account holder due to myself not having the credit rating.

I can't receive calls from potential employers and I have to hope they'd email me, I can't even receive voicemails or a text.

So can someone help me?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Will-44 

Yes, if you go in store take ID with you or you can call O2 from another phone. Numbers here  Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Will-44 

You need to use your old sim card in the upgrade phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Will-44
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 I have disposed my old SIM already as I couldn't get service so it must of been deactivated. Can O2 shops sort this as I did my upgrade online through the MYO2 app.
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Will-44 

Yes, if you go in store take ID with you or you can call O2 from another phone. Numbers here  Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Will-44 

Just to add, you can reset the security question in your MYO2 so no need to worry about not remembering it. Just set a new one before calling.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Will-44
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 ok I will go to my local store and see if they can sort from there
Message 6 of 13

Will-44
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 I've tried that already but need a code sent in a text which I can't access.
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Will-44 

OK mate, in store it is then to activate it.

Remember to take as much ID as you can, passport, driving license, bills with your address on etc....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Will-44
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 will do, thank you for your time and help.
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Will-44 

No worries and best of luck thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13