cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost my phone a couple of weeks ago and called O2 to block my SIM, which they duly did. I asked for another SIM to be sent to me, and tried to use this in an old iPhone 4. I have been unable to call or text using this new SIM card.

Having contacted O2 to take the bar off, with still no joy on the calling or texting front, my insurance company have now sent me a new iPhone 6 - happy days. The SIM still isn't working with this model. O2 have confirmed there are no bars on my SIM.

I called today and was told my IMEI is blocked, and to contact my insurance. This was before I had even confirmed my new IMEI number. It's now been confirmed the IMEI is not blocked; it's a new iPhone. I'm now no further forward.

Really upset and shocked by the service I've received. I've spoken to five different O2 agents, both on the phone and on webchat, and have also been speaking to O2 on Twitter, and each, however pleasant and polite, has been as unhelpful as the last.

Short of going to an O2 store (with very limited hope), which I plan to do tomorrow, has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have any advice? I've been without a phone for two weeks and starting to become very angry.

Many thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only possible reason for the issues you are having is that the bar is still in place on the account. The phone is new so it's an account problem and only customer service can remove it. 

Call them back and escalate the call to a manager. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only possible reason for the issues you are having is that the bar is still in place on the account. The phone is new so it's an account problem and only customer service can remove it. 

Call them back and escalate the call to a manager. 

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I agree - The account is still barred.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3