Did you mean: 

New SIM Only plan - eSIM delivery

bentomsett
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm looking to take out a second SIM only plan (I already have an O2 account with one plan). I went to my local store and wasn't able to do so as their system was down at the time, so I tried to order online.
I'd like an eSIM on this new plan. When I go to order online, I'm offered an eSIM or a plastic SIM. All I'd like to know is whether this eSIM is sent to me digitally (i.e. via email) or if its sent to me through the post. When I choose an eSIM, the checkout doesn't give me any options re. delivery, whereas if I select a plastic SIM it does.

I've spoken to multiple people over the phone and via live chat and nobody seems to have the same answer. Does anybody know how I receive this eSIM after making an order?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149616 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@bentomsett 

Depends on which billing system you are on.

If on the new system, the eSim is delivered via your MyO2, otherwise, a pack needs to be posted to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149616 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@bentomsett 

Depends on which billing system you are on.

If on the new system, the eSim is delivered via your MyO2, otherwise, a pack needs to be posted to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

bentomsett
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for your reply - how do I know which system I'm on?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149616 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@bentomsett 

Sounds like you are on the new system, which of course a new contract would be,  as it's not offering you postal delivery.

Message 4 of 6

bentomsett
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thank you very much for your help - new SIM Only ordered, and eSIM installed just like that grin

O2 really need to update their support/checkout pages to make this clearer and train their staff on this process. Not one person knew what was going on, was passed around different departments 5 times.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149616 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

No worries @bentomsett 

Glad you are sorted.

Message 6 of 6