cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Refresh Tariff's with unlimited EU Data - no £1.99/day charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping this will also apply to existing refresh customers?

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 08.38.44.png

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
A long time I would imagine as it isn't illegal.
Immoral, but not illegal.

Immoral and Apple.........those are 2 words you don't often see together in a sentence.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 31 of 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Not defamatory then?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 32 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Let's be honest, o2's fairness to all policy is their get out of jail free card when returning customers ask for discounts.
I've seen very little proof of it being applicable anywhere else within the company.
No special pre order threads for Android recently,
No release announcements (Xperia X Compact was released yesterday BTW)
Spring it's OK, it's equal, but come September, O2 pretty much become only interested in iPhone, all the offers on tariffs, insurance, roaming, cashback if waiting too long....
Meanwhile people with exploding note 7's are being swept aside with illegal BS from O2 such as "it's fine, nothing will happen" or "it's 99% safe"
I'd love to see how many updates those customers would get if it was an iPhone issue, not to mention a quick "O2, we're sorry Package" for their valued iPhone customers.
Message 33 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
So presumably O2 have abandoned their "treat everybody the same" business strategy because there have been several similar instances recently

Yes. Buy an iPhone and you are part of a special certified institution. 

That Refresh/MyO2 competition is another recent example of treating customers differently

Exactly...and I really stamped my foot over that one when I realised I was excluded. All to no avail though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

By the way following on from @Bambino's video.....here is another link of someone else taking the mickey. This time about the headphone jack Smiley Very Happy

http://appleplugs.com/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 40

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote:

Exactly...and I really stamped my foot over that one when I realised I was excluded. All to no avail though.

I am surprised no one listened or cared about that.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

By the way following on from @Bambino's video.....here is another link of someone else taking the mickey. This time about the headphone jack Smiley Very Happy

http://appleplugs.com/

Very good find @Cleoriff. I think both are irreverent, rather than immoral or illegal, and Apple wouldn't stand a chance in trying to get either banned. If Apple were prepared to churn out the same phone and try to pass it off as something new, then they should also be prepared for the fallout which was bound to come.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Users,

To be honest you don't need this option. Is absolutely useless!

If I'm going to a holiday, I'm always renting a mobile wi-fi (in Spain, in Italy...)

Until now. We're in Italy at the moment with my wife, and we decided, we will use the O2 Travel option for £1.99/day

Never again!

Your phone shows you're on the 3G. Not at all. Check the speed on the attached picture...this is the speed all the time. (Same speed was in 1997 with the 56k fax modem connection). This speed is not enough to open a webpage, and don't dreaming to download a map for your travel or anything...

If I'm renting a mobile wi-fi device in a foreign country, is 5-6£/day with unlimited data. Same price for two people and that is working perfectly.

image.png

image.png

Message 38 of 40

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Agreed, as I said earlier in the thread, it's useless http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/New-Refresh-Tariff-s-with-unlimited-EU-Data-no-1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 40

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Crippled-O2-Travel-Data/td-p/991683

its no different in any eu country I've visited.  It's utterly pointless and you can't do anything. 

Im waiting to hear from my complaint.  

Spoke to to a really nice person who in fairness wasn't sure,  she said I was more clued up in roaming in how I was explaining it.  

Got it to wait 28 days total for reply

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 40 of 40