cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Refresh Tariff's with unlimited EU Data - no £1.99/day charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping this will also apply to existing refresh customers?

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 08.38.44.png

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless they do something to increase the data speed too it won't be well received either!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Unless they do something to increase the data speed too it won't be well received either!

Yes but conversely.....Paying nothing for slow data speeds is hardly the same as being charged £1.99 for the same. So...O2 appear to be favouring iPhones in my opinion. Was this offer open with the Note 7?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 40

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wasn't arguing but neither is it the first time.
The 30gb 12 months upgrade was introduced for the 6s then rolled out to other devices afterwards - same here I presume?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its all a bit of a grey area at the moment as all UK mobile providers would be dropping EU data charges for the middle of next year but what with Brexit etc this is now unclear? But yes agree o2 seem to be favouring the Apple!

Message 14 of 40

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

iPeople are special people so o2 and those paying crazy money for 2 year old technology would have us believe! 

Message 15 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Its all a bit of a grey area at the moment as all UK mobile providers would be dropping EU data charges for the middle of next year but what with Brexit etc this is now unclear? But yes agree o2 seem to be favouring the Apple!

I am virtually speechless with rage actually. I travel abroad every 6 weeks or so. I have never had any such  offer applied to any Samsung device I have bought....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 40

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Regardless of Brexit we will still be in the EU come June 2017 so it will have to be free for everyone then.
It's another 2 years or so on from that we need to worry about.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 40

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Same here, Im going to try and speak to CS and see if you can move to the new tariffs, as the new tariffs should be available to all..

I will let you know how I get on
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 40

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am virtually speechless with rage actually. I travel abroad every 6 weeks or so. I have never had any such  offer applied to any Samsung device I have bought....Evil

Me too!  Why the iPhone customers  get better deals is beyond me though they have always had sweeteners. Now even more so with dwindling sales. Sod the poor people who have bought the Note7 and hey ho let's concentrate on the Apple 7 or 5 (no different) and get over inflated money for an overrated phone. 

Message 19 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You're forgetting the free insurance they got last year too...

Or,and the biggest slap, the money back if customers had to wait (cuz obviously they need compensating for not being the first one showing it off like some kind of micro phallic replace)
Note7 customers can't even get a courtesy text.
Message 20 of 40