Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pay Monthly contract with new Moto G50

Quicksilver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can anyone help me? Just switched from PAYG on antique Nokia to new Moto G50 on Pay Monthly. Nowhere in contract or bill does it explain how the device cost and airtime costs are split. Sales person was ambiguous. Am I actually buying the phone over 24 months or just renting it ? Thanks Ian

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Quicksilver 

Where did you take the contract?

If it was an O2 retail store, you will have separate payments for the device and airtime.

If only one direct debit has been setup, you need to call O2 to setup a direct debit for the missing costs.

Otherwise you may just have a standard contract (if not taken directly with O2) which does give a combined bill but there is no recognisable split between device and airtime.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Quicksilver 

You are buying the phone: 

The phone is done on a Credit Agreement for the 24months after which it is yours to keep, you will also have 2 direct debits one for the phone and one for the airtime. 

Refresh is explained here Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Quicksilver
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, but you are wrong ! I've had my bill and a single Direct Debit for the full amount of £17. Don't really need to see how clever you are, what phone you use, or how cluttered your desk is. ( no interest to me or anybody else - get over yourself! ) I'm 70 years old and have forgotten more than you'll probably ever knowI I was part of the team that designed and built the Nokia 3210, the most iconic phone ever produced. This is the phone I have just upgraded to a MotoG50.  Not because I wanted to, only because of internet access. My new Moto G50 , your Sony and Motorola will be in landfill sites in 5 years time. My 3210 will still be able to make calls a hundred years from now. For you and anybody else giving advice in this or any other community, make sure sure you know what you are talking about. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Quicksilver 

Where did you take the contract?

If it was an O2 retail store, you will have separate payments for the device and airtime.

If only one direct debit has been setup, you need to call O2 to setup a direct debit for the missing costs.

Otherwise you may just have a standard contract (if not taken directly with O2) which does give a combined bill but there is no recognisable split between device and airtime.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

post deleted

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5