Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 SIM only contract start?

Aphid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m about to sign up for a 12 month O2 SIM only deal via a third party, MoneySuperMarket. The link takes me to the O2 web site to complete and this indicates up to three days delivery time.

That being the case, when exactly does the new O2 SIM only contract start? Is it from the moment of purchase, even though I might be waiting three further days to get the SIM? Is it on the day it arrives? Maybe I have to activate it and the contract is live from then?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, please, so I can organise a smooth transition to O2 from my current deal.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Aphid 

It starts from the moment you complete the order.

Sim are sent first class so you should receive it next day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Aphid 

It starts from the moment you complete the order.

Sim are sent first class so you should receive it next day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Aphid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the prompt reply clarifying the start date. I presumed it would be from the point of order but O2 refused to comment, because the purchase was via a third party, and the third party have been very slow getting back to me.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

No problem slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4