Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

New Number?

hello, 

this may be a really dumb question but today I am switching over from EE to O2 and in my current contact details it says my current mobile number however when I order my new phone, a new sim will come with it (i think, help!)  as that may be the case will my contact number change when I activate my new sim as I dont wish to keep my current number?  

Will I get a new sim and number and will it be updated once I have activated it? 

Many thanks, 

Sorry if I seem really dumb 

Level 69: Guiding Light

Re: New Number?

@Anonymous If you didn't port your number from EE, O2 will have provided you with a new number for you to activate.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,411

Yes, new contracts always come with a new number.
It's the customers choice whether to keep it or retain an old number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,096

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,411

O2 help page here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)