Did you mean: 

New Mobile Advice!!!

Cazzaworld
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am needing some advice. I hope you can help.

My partner currently has a S4 mini. When he is at home, he struggles to receive phone calls and messages. I have a Galazy A3, which doesn't seem to be as bad. We are both on O2. His phone is over two years old.

He is wanting a replacement but unsure what to have. He isn't into fancy gadgets and technolgy. Just something that is simialr to the S4 mini and not compliacted. Size is important too, as he wants it to be able to fit it into his jacket pocket (as he is a truck driver). The S4 Mini is an ideal size. He isn't worried if its on contract or pay as you go.

Can any one recommend a mobile for him????

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on what he wants to do and is looking at, maybe a low end HTC 626 or LG Leon/Spirit 4G ... but overall it depends on what he is planning to do with his phone.

Message 11 of 16

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

I would also suggest the lumia 640, price low, great value for money and hold a signal where the high end can't (first hand experience in poor signal area via lumia 930 / Lumia 950 Samsung S6 and the Lumia 640. Only the 640 got a signal in my friends home, 99% of people visiting him get no signal with 02.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to those above, there is also the Lumia 550 on PAYG. It's a Windows 10 phone, decent size screen with a 8GB capacity with expandable memory, which get for about £49.99 atm if I remember correctly - a small and cute phone, with a lot of features for someone who doesn't want to pay too much.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
have a look a galaxy A3 and sony xperia Z3 compact
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

It's well worth having a trip to town and having a look at various handsets in all the stores to get an idea of what's available on offer. 

Message 15 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
have a look a galaxy A3 and sony xperia Z3 compact

Welcome @Anonymous slight_smile

Are you using one of those 2 devices at the moment?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 16