Did you mean: 

New Huawai P30 not recognising sim

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all!

I received my new Huawai handset today (upgrade from a Samsung Galexy S8) and when I transfer the sim card over, it says there's no sim card inserted. I've checked i've put it in he right way (the only way it fits) and obvioulsy it still works in the S8. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?!

Thanks very much!

Helen

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @hellynewman 

It looks as if the handset has an issue and I would recommend going back to the point of sale or contacting the channel you bought the device from and arrange an exchange. If purchased online or over the phone, this would be done by calling us on 202.

If you bought it from the store, you could pop in to store, and they will exchange it for you as long as the account holder is present.

signature
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@hellynewman If your old sim is the same size and you're inserting it correctly there isn't any reason why it shouldn't work. Did you receive a new sim with the new phone? Have you tried a sim swap? 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/SIM-Swap-a-mini-guide/ba-p/1060675

Might be worth contacting Huawei and enquiring there.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @hellynewman just checking if this was sorted or are you still having trouble with this?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4