cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer transferred to new phone but can't download eSim without old number

Ra-A
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm a new customer transferring from another provider. My new phone was purchased directly from Apple, not O2.

My original number was mean to port to my new phone yesterday, 25/06/2024. My number still hasn't ported. It looks like I may need to download my new O2 eSim from the App, as the number may be connected to the eSim and I just need to activate it.

However, I can't login to my O2 account without O2 sending a security code to my mobile number (which is still in the porting process and not currently assigned to a handset). I have no access to calling or texts, so can't call O2 and can't receive texts. I can't access the Live Chat as this is also only available in my account.

I believe I need the eSim's physical QR code to scan it and set it up on my device, however I have no way to contact O2 to arrange this!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Ra-A 

Pop in any O2 store with photo ID or contact O2.

All ways here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: A Guide to Skype if needed to call

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2