cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract (Refub) Cancelled Within Cooling Off Period But Got Charged Cancellation Fee?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi peeps

New to the O2 family. I originally had an iPhone 6 with a different provider and on Friday phone life ended as I accidently drop the phone and entire screen smashed and damage to the entire body frame. 

I needed a phone and opted for the Z3 Compact Refurb on O2 Refresh. So Placed order on 28th November 2015, arrived 30th November 2015. On that day I placed the O2 sim into the Z3 Compact contacted O2 Customer Service (202). 

I paid the entire device plan off and payment was sucessful. Got advised the airtime plan was cancelled an no more charge will be applied just a final bill with aynthing that I may have used (which I haven't so far not unless calls to 202 are chargable :p).

During that call just before saying good bye, the call dropped and I got a weird message on the phone saying SIM Not Provisioned or something. So I guess the airtime plan was cancelled. 

However today my heart skipped many beats I guess LOL. Got an email saying your bill is ready of a whopping £170.13. I contacted O2 support via live chat and explained everything. Got told everything is ammened and in the next 3-5 days the bill will be updated so I won't be paying for anything. It was a system error as I had paid off device plan within the cooling off period.

Just wanted to know if this happened to anyone? I don't want money leaving my account.

Can someone from O2 confirm this has been corrected? 😛

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Much better to have a 56p bill slight_smile

Not a bad 'payment outstanding'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
just don't forget to pay it, as they will default you wink
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
just don't forget to pay it, as they will default you wink

Tried paying by logging into my account. No option to pay, I'm I missing something? 

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

You won't be able to pay through your My O2 if the account has been disconnected.
Leave your DD in place with bank and O2 will collect it automatically or call CS to pay it over the phone.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

You won't be able to pay through your My O2 if the account has been disconnected.
Leave your DD in place with bank and O2 will collect it automatically or call CS to pay it over the phone.

Called customer service. They said no need, they waived it off my account. 

Saved £0.56p! LOL

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Result slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Called customer service. They said no need, they waived it off my account. 

Saved £0.56p! LOL

Merry Christmas Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 17