Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

New 02 customer- thinking of leaving after less than 1 month

brief story for you...

have been a vodafone customer for 10+ years and recently their (lack) of customer service made us look for an alternative service provider for our mobile. we had loads of billing problems etc with vodafone and we'd just had enough so we thought switch to 02 - what a mistake !!!

we took out a 24month contract on saturday and completed all the forms in the local 02 shop - got the phone we wanted (IPHONE 16gs)and all seemed really good. Got the PAC code from vodafone so we were ready to go. when we filled out the direct debit form in the store we completed it in my wifes details and over the weekend decided that i would pay for the phone for her each month so i called customer services on the monday - gave all the correctpasswords etc and was able to change he payment details from my wifes account to coming out of mine. i was on the phone for about 20mins whilst the saleslady tried to upsell me different packages etc so i know that this phonecall was not a figment of my imagination !!

Lo and behold the first direct debit comes out and.....wrong account making my wifes account go overdrawn !!!! and incurr acharge of £15 and a daily charge of £6 whilst we are overdrawn. I call customer service and they are unable to access the information on our account at this present time due to upgrades taking place etc. (this always seems to be happening when you want to question something)so i ask to speak with a supervisor - none available but they will get someone to call me back ...IN 48hrs !!!

so this is 02 customer service is it !!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Are you suggesting that O2 failed to change a direct debit in a (Monday to Tuesday) day? Or was there a week or two between the request to change and the debit?
Highlighted
Anonymous

the had 4 weeks between us taking out the contract and taking the direct debit
Highlighted
Anonymous

If they had 4 weeks warning to change the direct debit details I can see why you're miffed.
Highlighted
Anonymous

exactly - they WILL be paying back my bank charges as per the direct debit guarentee - they just don't know it yet
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm a little confused, your wife has been a customer for less than a month yet you gave four weeks notice of a change to direct debit. Also, you say that there systems always seem to be down and yet you have only phoned once before and the systems were working.
I don't understand why your first bill would be four weeks later, an initial bill is generated straight away and then monthly after that.
Just trying to get my head around it as it doesn't seem very clear to me.
Highlighted
Anonymous

ok - let me try to explain a bit more clearly...
last saturday of Jan contract taken out so your right to question the four weeks - its just under but they have taken the money out yesterday
Highlighted
Anonymous

so i suppose this thread shud be titled been a customer just over a month lol
Highlighted
Anonymous

It doesn't really matter whether anyone on here understands, but when you complain to O2 you need to be clear, accurate and to the point. If its confusing or contradictory then its open to interpretation.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It may not be a mistake, you are billed a month in advance, so you get a bill a day or two after the contract is taken out. If your wides direct debit details were still on the account when this bill was generated it would have come out her account.
Their isn't any point speaking to an advisor if the systems are not working anyway, they wouldn't be able to do anything.
Also, you will be tied in to a contract now, so you wouldn't be able to cancel your contact without paying it all off.