Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 02 customer, number porting gone wrong

jayneharrison
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm a new customer to 02 and have ported my number over from EE. My contract start date was 19/03/2020 and my number was ported 20/03/2020. It's now 30/03/2020 and it looks like the number transfer has gone wrong or only partially been completed. If I make a call from my phone, recipients see my number as it was on EE. If I text someone, recipients see that as coming from a different phone with a brand new number. Additionally, when I've tried to register on the 02 Priority app, I keep getting an error message that says I'm not using a recognised 02 number.

In the current circumstances, this isn't an emergency and therefore I haven't rung 02 customer services. However, it's getting rather annoying! Does anyone have any advice?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds as though it is a split port.
Only way to resolve this is, you guessed, a call to customer services...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have an iphone, change the number in the phone settings. Otherwise contact customer service @jayneharrison 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jayneharrison 

It's currently taking much longer than usual to port and transfer numbers.

You may need to give it a few days to settle down.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jayneharrison
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks everyone, looks like a call to customer service it is! I've got a Huawei handset so the iPhone trick won't work.

@MI5 - it's already been 10 days!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jayneharrison 

This has been going on for over 2 weeks now 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jayneharrison
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Eek, that's not good! Well, like I said - it's not an emergency, so I'll give it a few more days.

Message 7 of 7