cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Get A 3G Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea if this is the place to write this or not, Mods please move this post to the correct area if it needs to be somewhere else.

I have been with o2 for the past 10 years, 8 of those on pay and go and the remaining time on pay monthly, but the thing is I've never had a 3G signal at any point. At present I have an S3 on a 24 month contract, I thought this one might actually pick up a 3G signal seeing as every other phone I have  had has failed to do so but alas this one doesn't get one either. I get H+, G and E symbols on my phone but no 3G.

I have friends on various other networks around me who all get 3G signals on lower spec phones but I get nothing, some of those phone started life as o2 phones. Surely this can't be right, I'm fed up of paying for inadequate service, I don't want to be locked into a contract where you can't provide me with a decent service. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

H+ is 3g

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

H+ is 3g

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

H+ is 3.5G, so you're getting as best as you can get at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, as said above, H+ is 3.5G...so faster than 3G!

Have you not noticed that you can load internet pages, etc on your phone quite quickly?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does the phone also have a 3G icon too, that's just confusing?

The H+ comes on intermittently and stays on for about a minute at a time and goes back to G and then the internet basically comes to a standstill, E is just as useless, even when I'm in an area with decent mobile phone signal like the next town or city. Any way I can make the H+ stay on for longer or is it the phone that just doesn't want to play ball? I'm finding it frustrating trying to use the internet when out and about. 

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

This link might help explain things to you: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/What-is-2G-3G-and-4G/m-p/286204#M26411

The strength of signal you get depends on your location. It isn't an exact science. If you want a more dependable signal when you're out and about, try finding an O2 WiFi hotspot or another free Wifi hotspot like in Starbucks or places like that. Not only won't you be using up your data plan, but your signal will be much stronger. Be aware though, that when you use free WiFi hotspots, they're not particularly secure, and you're much more vulnerable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6