Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network signal

Charlie32
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I have been with O2 for as long as I have lived in my house which has been 8 years now and have never encountered any issues with my signal strength. Until the past 6 months where I can now barely go above 1 bar, more often or not I have no network flag up on my phone and many phone calls that have been made I have to walk from room to room trying to find the best spot where they can hear me. I've resorted to Turning the WiFi calling on to help too. Multiple times I have done the status checker and asked the issues to be told there is none. Finding highly unfair now being such a loyal customer and paying a decent amount for my contract that I am still no further forward the signal use to be brilliant here... any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Charlie32 

Has there been any building work recently in the area?

A new building could be blocking the signal from the mast to you for example, or possibly that a mast has been decommissioned for some reason?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Charlie32
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No building work to my knowledge around my area, would I be able to find out about a decommissioned mast? Many thanks for the suggestions. I'm starting to become quite frustrated 😂
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Charlie32 

Click on the coverage checker tab here O2 Service Status to see if you are near a mast or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4