Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network signal problems

Jon7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had problems with my phone signal since July at home because of a mast being down, and ongoing works. Now in a support bubble still having problems, with no data or calls despite network checker saying that full signal and coverage in area I'm now in. Sometimes restarting phone improves connection for a while, but generally getting no coverage with low 2G/3G/4G/5G signal and no stable connection. I think something is wrong with network config on the account or on the device (but have same problem when using an older phone). It's been almost 6 months now with no stable phone or data connection, so keen to get to the bottom of what it is.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@O2Emma can you help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Yeah I will pick it up thanks @MI5 

signature
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Jon7 sorry your having network issues please can you provide your postcode so i can have a look at your area .

Thanks o2Emma

signature
Message 5 of 8

Jon7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. My postcode at home is SE14 5TA and already tracking network errors there (masts keep going down). I'm currently in BR1 4RG and when last checked this morning network checker said good coverage on all, but low on 5G. I've not had any signal the last few days though.

Also, when trying to update the network settings manually on phone my device (Xperia 5ii) won't allow me to register a custom APN.
Message 6 of 8

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Thanks @Jon7  we are having issues in both postcode areas we will get them back working as soon as possible.

Have you had no signal at all/phone says no service/unable to make calls ?

The custom apn you are trying to add is this the manual apn settings for o2 ?

BR1 4RG

Lon: 0.006394, Lat: 51.422920 / X: 539599, Y: 171233

We've got engineers working on a phone mast nearby - sorry.

It means your service might come and go until we're finished.

Updated 16:34 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet

Thanks o2Emma

signature
Message 7 of 8

Jon7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, seems I've been unlucky to have mast go down at my parents during my week there but mast problems at home have been constant since July and have been in touch about this.

My phone has very low bars with it switching between 2G/3G/4G/5G but not able to get a firm connection. Calls often don't come through or drop off (including many work calls and job interviews). As the mast near home keeps going down a few days after being fixed, that seems understandable. However, at times when I'm walking in areas where mast is working fine (according to website) my phone still seems to fail to connect to the network properly with low signal or just no data. I have to reset my phone to get it to connect to the network, and then it works fine for a time but loses signal within 15mins even in same area.

I have tried to follow the o2 website guide for a manual APN settings update, but phone says that network is blocking me from setting a manual APN.

Again, I know that changes were made to my account earlier in the year to try to improve my connection whilst mast was down and I've been having these problems since then. So want to check that everything is configured properly on o2 end.

I understand if mast keeps going down, so long as I get compensation for lack of service I can accept that even if it has been 6 months. But I want my phone to get a proper connection when I am in places where there is signal in the meantime.

Message 8 of 8