Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not switching

Pebblestosea1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - it would appear that my son’s phone isn’t switching between networks. He can’t call or text some people. He has a new iPhone 12. My husband and I gave the same phone and don’t have the same problem. It seems it’s looking for 5G and when it can’t find it, the phone isn’t working. He can call and text but it’s coming from **Personal info** 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pebblestosea1 

Turn off 5g in the network settings.

Also check Settings >Phone >My Number for the correct entry and edit it if not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Pebblestosea1 were you able to sort this one out?

Message 3 of 7

Chloe313
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same problem. I upgraded on 15/01 but I still have no mobile network, only Wi-Fi. Does anyone know the solution?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chloe313 

You need to use your old sim or do a sim swap if you want to use the new sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Chloe313
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t think I should need to as I used o2 refresh and have received messages to the new phone saying the refresh has gone through. And the old phone has no network either. The assistant in the shop said it might take 24h for the swap to happen (indicating to me that it was automatic as I’ve agreed to the t&cs and upgraded) but this hasn’t happened. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chloe313 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7