cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network down for nearly 4 days and it's happened again

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in BT40 2QN, from last Friday evening 27th September to 9am on Tuesday we had no service and your site was showing a mast problem that was a long time to get the problem resolved.

Now the same has happened this week the network went down yesterday evening 4th October and is still down. Again your site is saying a mast fault, it also said it was fixed this morning but I had a text waiting to go all night and it still had not gone this morning, so I am not sure how it could have been fixed. The text went as soon as I drove to another area.

As I am self employed I need the phone, any idea why this problem takes so long to resolve and then happens again within 4 days.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are all customer here too.

I've been having issues for a few months now too so I do understand your frustration.

The national outage a few days ago didn't help either.

I can only suggest to keep checking the service checker and re booting your phone.

As you already know for your postcode ;

Live results for BT40 2QN, County Antrim

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 17:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

•  

Sometimes removing the sim and cleaning it can help.

Also try switching to 2G to obtain a more stable service.

Do you have a landline to use for your business as a back up ?

You can contact O2 by ringing 202 :

Contract Customers.

From your O2 mobile 202 Free

From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call

From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

Business Customer Service Number

From your O2 mobile 8002 Free

From a landline 0800 977 7337 Free

but i would think a standard we are trying to fix it as quickly as possble reply would be forthcoming.

They cover these issues in their t&c.

Snippet.

"3. The Services we supply and what you can expect of us – Our services aren’t available everywhere in the UK. They’re not fault free, and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you’re in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the network and the number of people near you trying to access the services at the same time. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement."

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

Have you looked at Tugo , Viber or whatsapp as an alternative.

If your an 02 business customer ask about a boostbox

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are all customer here too.

I've been having issues for a few months now too so I do understand your frustration.

The national outage a few days ago didn't help either.

I can only suggest to keep checking the service checker and re booting your phone.

As you already know for your postcode ;

Live results for BT40 2QN, County Antrim

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 17:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

•  

Sometimes removing the sim and cleaning it can help.

Also try switching to 2G to obtain a more stable service.

Do you have a landline to use for your business as a back up ?

You can contact O2 by ringing 202 :

Contract Customers.

From your O2 mobile 202 Free

From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call

From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

Business Customer Service Number

From your O2 mobile 8002 Free

From a landline 0800 977 7337 Free

but i would think a standard we are trying to fix it as quickly as possble reply would be forthcoming.

They cover these issues in their t&c.

Snippet.

"3. The Services we supply and what you can expect of us – Our services aren’t available everywhere in the UK. They’re not fault free, and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you’re in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the network and the number of people near you trying to access the services at the same time. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement."

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

Have you looked at Tugo , Viber or whatsapp as an alternative.

If your an 02 business customer ask about a boostbox

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply it is not just a sim issue ( have tried) a few of my family are having the same issue. CS in live chat have said they will not charge for the time I have had the mast problem.

It's the time the mast was down that is of concern and the fact it has happened again within 4 days.

As a side note we don't have 3G, (according to the O2 site) and some people are worried about this new fangled 4G:smileysad:

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You're welcome.

Live Chat are non Uk outsourced Callcentres.

Have you saved the transcript of the conversation to back up that they have offered.

O2 are upgrading their network for 4G which will in turn improve both 3G and 2G.

Heres a link about what O2's Network Future.

http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future

Hope things improve for you.

Message 4 of 4