Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network at home

Cr11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 are unable to provide me any network whilst I’m in my new property, Iv reported it several times and they’ve said it’s fine. I am unable to receive any form of data without WiFi, my phone only works with WiFi when I’m at home? They have said I would need to pay to come out of contract which would be around £500 which is what’s left on my device? Obviously I don’t have the money to pay that and I don’t believe I should? I have offered to return my device and come out of contract and go with another provider, a complaint has been raised. Where do I stand with this? How am I expected to pay for something they are unable to provide me?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Cr11 

You are relying on the goodwill of the complaints team to allow you to hand back the device to clear your debt.

No network offers 100% coverage everywhere and it's not the fault of the network that you moved house.

It has been known to allow what you are suggesting but it's not a given unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cr11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Course I understand you aren’t guaranteed 100% but my issue is I’m getting 0% Iv not received 1 successful call in my property since Iv moved in. I do not want to leave o2, o2 is all Iv known and my whole family is with o2 but Iv come to a point Iv no choice.

Thanks for your advice
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cr11 O2's liability for your issue is zero, so if they do offer you something in a goodwill gesture, take the money and run. Your next step should be getting Pay & Go sim cards from the other networks to find out which one gives you the best coverage in the areas you frequent most, which obviously includes your home.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Cr11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So if you couldn’t get any connection with your WiFi would you still expect to pay for it? Would you continue to pay for it?

So you suggest check other providers, so are you suggesting I pay 2 providers?
Message 5 of 5