cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Status

Anonymous
Not applicable

The coverage in my area isn't too good, and hasn't been for some time. I have been checking on the O2 Live Status Checker since Christmas and I am constantly told:

"Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area. You might experience problems making calls, using the internet or sending/receiving e mails in this area".

When I look in the "Planned Maintenance" or "Unexpected Issues" there is nothing stated there for my area. I have been phoning in and asking about this problem but I am told exactly the same thing by customer services. Does anyone at O2 know anything about this and who could give me any further details?

My postcode is WS4 near Walsall in the West Midlands.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

We are all customers here like you so wouldnt have any further information for you im afraid.

Are you on a contract or payg?

Having this length of time with network signal issues is un reasonable.

Possibly download the MYNETWORK  App and report the masts.

Are you able to make calls, send texts and use data ?

Possibly TuGo for contract customers or Whatsapp and Viber as alternatives

{Whatsapp and Viber require others to have them downloaded too.}, to work off home broadband wifi may help while they sort out your local masts.

TuGo O2 Link : http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

If this was me I would be completing the complaint process to recover monies paid for services that you are not getting once your service is back up , asking for a goodwill gesture.

Although o2 dont have to do anything as outage is covered under their T&C.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

We are all customers here like you so wouldnt have any further information for you im afraid.

Are you on a contract or payg?

Having this length of time with network signal issues is un reasonable.

Possibly download the MYNETWORK  App and report the masts.

Are you able to make calls, send texts and use data ?

Possibly TuGo for contract customers or Whatsapp and Viber as alternatives

{Whatsapp and Viber require others to have them downloaded too.}, to work off home broadband wifi may help while they sort out your local masts.

TuGo O2 Link : http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

If this was me I would be completing the complaint process to recover monies paid for services that you are not getting once your service is back up , asking for a goodwill gesture.

Although o2 dont have to do anything as outage is covered under their T&C.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I am a pay monthly customer.

I am able to make calls, send texts and download data but sending texts and downloading data can be rather slow at times. I will download the My Network app and follow your advice as suggested.

Many Thanks.

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am a pay monthly customer.

I am able to make calls, send texts and download data but sending texts and downloading data can be rather slow at times. I will download the My Network app and follow your advice as suggested.

Many Thanks.

You're Welcome.

Reporting the masts even though they are showing as having issues pushes the situation to o2 I believe.

Keep a detailed schedule of the situation for when you may fill in this form.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Hope all resolves for you soon.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I can now confirm that using the o2 app to report issues to o2 DOES mean they get flagged up to Network Services.

I reported a local mast as did many others and I have had confirmation of an upgrade that is being planned in shortly.

Please note the more people who report the faults the better.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evening. I'm from Lincoln (UK) and since friday I have been having issues with recieving text message. Good example is that this morning (30/03/14) at 0537 I was awoken by three text messages that were actually sent to me around 2200 the previous night. Is there a reason for the delay in me recieving my messages???

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have come across this before.

Network congestion can play a part so a reboot of your phone can help {tun it off and on or toggle airplane mode on and off}

Also sometimes picking up a new account specific sim card from any O2 shop and ask them to perform the simswap can help. Also try cleaning your sim with a soft dry cloth first.

Blank sims can be sent out to you after speaking to CS or Live Chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  and then perform the swap yourself here : http://status.o2.co.uk/

It can take up to 24 hours to settle but can be quicker. Again turning the airplane mode on and off etc can help the reset.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144746 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Evening. I'm from Lincoln (UK) and since friday I have been having issues with recieving text message. Good example is that this morning (30/03/14) at 0537 I was awoken by three text messages that were actually sent to me around 2200 the previous night. Is there a reason for the delay in me recieving my messages???

Usually network congestion.

It's possible a local mast was off line and it overloaded another one. As the mast comes back online the back log of messages get pushed through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
If memory serves me right o2 are currently upgrading 2g services in the Lincoln area what means the 2g network is turned off from around midnight to 6am an the nights they are doing the work. 3g (if available) would still be available but if not available would explain.

Also I think I read somewhere that parts of Lincoln are being worked on for new mast (s). I will see if I can find the info again.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help people, greatly appreciated. The guru's just said there's nothing wrong with the network.... LMAO

Message 10 of 16