Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Issues in the Dursley (Gloucestershire) Area

Gazaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will O2 be compesating users (both Monthly and Pay as you Go) in the Dursley area who currently can't make calls as there is a problem with the mask. I live in this area and have been trying to contact my niece (who is also on O2) without any sucess. It states that the issue wopn't be resolve til Friday so some people have been without a phone for a week

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Gazaa 

You should call customer service once service is restored Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Compensation isn't compulsory but you may get a goodwill gesture.

Meanwhile, keep checking here for updates O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Gazaa 

You should call customer service once service is restored Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Compensation isn't compulsory but you may get a goodwill gesture.

Meanwhile, keep checking here for updates O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

By their nature any mobile service is  not guaranteed - there are so many variables that can come into play. I can be frustraing when it takes a while to resolve issue - but sometimes there are circumstances that means everything can't be fixed straight away - access to the site may not be readily available, equipment may need replacing adding to the delay - I know from experience locally here predictions of when the fault will be fixed are accurate (I live in a rural area so we have power outages etc), so hopefully it will be for you too. It's always worth giving CS a call, be polite, explain the problems it's caused you - and hopefully you can wangle a good will payment.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's in their interest to get the mast repaired as soon as possible. Goodwill is usually given if asked for in a nice calm way. You could get partial service until Friday so keep rebooting your phone.

Any good will gesture usually amounts to your monthly airtime tariff devided by the number of days you were without service so don't expect a lot eg. If your airtime is £30/month it equates to £1.00/day.

Message 4 of 4