Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix eligibility?

AlienBlade
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Following on from a previous post. Where I was unable to claim for my free Netflix despite this being the reason I signed up for such an expensive tariff.

I am told by someone in the social media team only 02 refresh was eligible (I was a new customer). However on this very forum it states that new and existing customers including those that used external third parties such as carphone warehouse (it was advertised as the deal in carphone warehouse)

Yet apparently despite being on a 50gb a month (02unlimited 24M 50GB) tariff the terms and conditions state that it's only O2 refresh (which i understand was early renewing customers)

Has anyone who got the free Netflix deal done it via a third party such as carphone warehouse. Did they have any issues?

Because if so I feel that this is false advertising from both carphone warehouse and this forum and will look to take my complaint to Ofcom or the like.

Many thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlienBlade 

You should have been eligible on that tariff as it is 25GB and above.

However, I see nothing in the terms and conditions or CPW, where the offer is available from anywhere other than O2?

Read section 7/8 in these terms and conditions

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/netflix-offer-terms-and-conditions

Edited to add:...Unless this includes CPW?

A “Qualifying Purchase” is the purchase of an Eligible Tariff directly from O2 stores (including franchise stores), online at o2.co.uk, through our O2 Telesales, or through O2’s indirect sales channels between the offer dates set out in marketing communications or as communicated to you (“Offer Period”).

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2  @EmilieT  @Marjo 

Could you advise please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

AlienBlade
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-and-Netflix-Now-together/td-p/1131555

I know it definitely was as was one of the main reasons.. o2 people I was passed to just say terms say only o2 refresh was eligible.

States that CPW was included... but terms now seemingly say otherwise...
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm on a SIM only and have had the offer although it was taken directly from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlienBlade wrote:
@Cleoriff

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-and-Netflix-Now-together/td-p/1131555

I know it definitely was as was one of the main reasons.. o2 people I was passed to just say terms say only o2 refresh was eligible.

States that CPW was included... but terms now seemingly say otherwise...

Yes that's what I meant @AlienBlade . I have also checked on the CPW website and no sign of it on any current offers. Though it is on sim only, if bought via O2...(and the right high end tariff)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

AlienBlade
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cloriff from your edit, you would think "o2's indirect sales channels" would mean such as CPW etc..

Definitely feels like I am being given the run around

I am going to search my old phone as I am sure I took screen shots of the offers being made at the time so I could compare and get the best deal.

Even showing customer services the above link there response was a dismissive "we are sorry you have been given conflicting information" but tough (ok the last bit is my interpretation)

I can tell you it's definitely putting me off renewing with o2. As I feel cheated

So was o2 refresh tariffs available for new customers and would the one I mention above been eligible?
Message 7 of 11

AlienBlade
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff yea it's an older tariff (was last year when I took it out just never got around to activating it... well I tried and it gave an error message.. just thought I was doing something wrong to start with.. but clearly wasnt then have been given the run around since trying
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AlienBlade 

I've asked one of our community managers to look into this for you. Having said that, if you didn't manage to activate it within the time limit, I fear you may be out of luck. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

AlienBlade
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff thanks but I did try and activate it (a bout a month after the contract start (says you need to wait 2 weeks anyway) but wouldn't let me.. I put it down to me not doing something right tried a few times in between then came to you guys who pointed me to the customer service team. Who said after chasing them it was to do with eligibility (nothing to do with it timing out...) it was therefore not my fault I couldn't activate it.

Just get the feeling I am being fobbed off somewhat by customer services. You clearly seem to think the tariff wasnt the problem. This very site shows CPW was included... so problem wasnt my end... I have simply been prevented through no fault of my own in activating the deal.
Message 10 of 11