cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Consolidate and lower bills

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have 3 monthly contracts that I pay for in my house, mine and my 2 sons, I've just recently had a very serious cut in income and need to lower my bills in all areas.

The 3 contracts I have are currently costing me in the region of £65 PM, and are separate contracts, taken at different times; I've checked with my sons,and it appears that none of us is using anywhere near the Data allocated to each contract; Mine is 4GB- Using approx 1GB pm, Son1 is 4GB- Using approx 1GB pm, Son2 is 10GB- Using approx 1-2GB pm, and none of us makes lots of calls, and only really use Social Media, Internet etc when at home.

What it appears I really need is three fairly basic contracts, preferably that I can lump into one bill and hopefully cut my outgoings on mobiles whilst still being able to keep in touch.

I know one contract is probably within it's renewal period, but I'm not sure where I can check the others, PLUS *** I really can't afford to be hit with paying for ending contracts early.

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi again

I just managed to do that, and all the dates are as follows

Mine:- sim only, 12mth, renew 26/6/17

Son1:- sim only, 12mth, renew 19/12/17

Son2:- O2 Simplicity, 12mth, renew 9/1/17

Does that mean those are the rolling renewal dates ?, and I can only change the last one ? or could I ask about the second one as well ? 

All of those can be recontracted now onto a lower sim only deal.

You can keep your phones and sim cards and o2 will just change the details at their end.

You can choose from any of these, 12 month deals are the best value.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Only the contract that is up for renewal can be reduced unfortunately.
The others can be reduced once they are completed their minimum terms.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Thanks for the reply

I know that at least 2 have run for over a year now, and mines on a rolling contract.

How do I find out what the minimum term is, how long the contract is, renewal dates etc ?.

Again thanks for replying
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you check each account in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 it will give you an upgrade date.
This is the date the term is complete and the contract can be changed.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous I know you said you can't afford to end your contracts early, but if they are Refresh contracts, you would only have to pay off the devices on the plans. If you do that, you can cancel the airtime plans with no penalties, and then take either lower sim only contracts or go to Pay and Go. Just a suggestion to try to help you out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again

Does that mean those are the rolling renewal dates ?, and I can only change the last one ? or could I ask about the second one as well ? 

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that Bambino

Thing is, I'm a bit dim when it comes to mobile contracts, but we own the phones, so all are on Sim only, it's just I don't know whether I get penalties for ending Sim only, or if I can make changes once the initial renewal dates are up.

I came here first because I don't want someone at O2 trying to convince me to end up paying something I cannot afford, I really am up the creek at the moment cash wise having been hit with a nearly half income drop on an already crap income.

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous You need to speak to Customer Service. Maybe they can offer a solution. Don't use Live Chat.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit: From what you've posted, it looks as if all the contracts are just rolling, if the renewal dates are in 2017. These can easily be changed, but you need to speak to CS.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi again

All of those can be recontracted now onto a lower sim only deal.

You can keep your phones and sim cards and o2 will just change the details at their end.

You can choose from any of these, 12 month deals are the best value.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, both of you. smile

Looks like at least something might be looking up, 2017 was truly awful, trying to keep up hopes of 2018 being a lot better.

Many Thanks again, it's very much appreciated

Happy New Year

Message 10 of 12