cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a nano sim card...how to order one during lockdown?

Osprey937
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm happy with my contract, but I've upgraded from a Note 4 to a refurbished Note10+ so I will need a nano sim card.

The website says I can get one from an O2 store, but they're all closed for the Corona lockdown...

...the website also says not to call except for very urgent matters, like reporting a stolen phone.

Why isn't the Live Chat available at the moment? How can I request a nano simcard?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Osprey937 

Check if you can push out the middle of your current sim first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

sambrookes
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
need help with my bank account details
A sambrookes
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@sambrookes 

Change it under "Mydetails" in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Osprey937
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. Pretty sure it's the same solid micro sim I've had since early 2014.

I tried calling to order a sim but I think there are two or three operators serving the whole population.

I replied here last night, but my reply didn't appear.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Osprey937 

Unfortunately you'll have to keep trying to call.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Osprey937
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, thanks for that, I've tried several times now. The recorded voice ends the call pretty briskly. I get the impression however urgent an enquiry might be, there's still a dire shortage of humans answering.

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

With the country on lockdown and the 2m enforcement, staff will be severely reduced. If  one member in a call team is infected I presume that call centre would be closed for cleaning before reopening. All the commodity companies such as banks and utilities are asking people not to call unless urgent. They will all have calls backing up.

Message 8 of 9

Osprey937
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I realise these aren't remotely normal circumstances, or I'd be pretty dissatisfied with how long I may have to wait for how little I'm asking.

Does anybody reading this, have a Note10+? It's got a sim card tray that can take two nano sims, OR one nano sim and one micro SD card, with the SD in basically the same space where one of the nano sims would sit...

...so, maybe my micro sim will function in the micro SD card's position? A nano sim does, in that location.

Nobody at Samsung would ever have imagined it might be beneficial to retain the option to use a larger than optimum sim card, but here I am unable to get started.

Message 9 of 9