cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a CREDIT (not DEBIT) card to disable parent control?

Jonathan136
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called 61018 verification service where the automatic voice says a CREDIT card is needed whereas DEBIT cards aren't accepted. Oh great, so how do we do when we have a debit card? What kind of joke is this?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146964 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Jonathan136 

Guide here Guide: O2 Age restriction 

Use your MyO2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 146964 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Jonathan136 

Guide here Guide: O2 Age restriction 

Use your MyO2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Jonathan136
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You're not responding to my question.

Yes I know a credit card is needed (as stated in the link you pasted https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Age-restriction-what-it-is-amp-how-to-manage-it/ba-p/...). That's precisely what I'm asking about. What the hell is this requirement? Lots of people have debit cards so how to they do?

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 146964 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

You're not reading my response correctly.

No card of any type needed to doo it in your MyO2.

Message 4 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7113 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Debit cards can be issued aroundthe age of 11 with parents permission. Credit cards you have to be 18, hence proof of age.

Just use one of the other methods in the guide

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 146964 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

and every network is the same, not just O2.

Message 6 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23536 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Jonathan136 If you're unable to do what you need to do on your MyO2 page, as per the guide, call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, with your passport or driver's license.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 146964 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Also as stated in the guide.

Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23536 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Jonathan136 If you're unable to do what you need to do on your MyO2 page, as per the guide, call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, with your passport or driver's license.

As I said in my post.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Jonathan136
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorted. You're right @MI5 I had misread you. Thank you and thanks all.

Message 10 of 11