Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
My LG G2
I had my O2 sim init and i noticed that in the corner it comes up with the O2 sign and on the right the signals are fine for 2g but when i tried to call it keeps coming ip saying mobile network unavailble i called o2 they sent out a new sim which will take 3 days so i thought let me try my 3 sim and it did the same thing i out my giffgaff sim and t mobile same thing...
Ive tried the sims in different phones they worked but im puzzled now with what is wrong or what 2 do
Ive also did manual network myself still does the same thing
It would b very helpfull and much appriciated if anyone could help cus all.o2 said wait for the new sim to come and.brake the old one up...
Message 1 of 216
215 REPLIES 215

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

CEX only buy off members.

He may have used his CEX Card to buy the phone so if his name is on the receipt he will probably have to go back and swap it out.

Sometimes people sell these phones to shops or online and then wait a while to claim it's lost or stolen to the network, police and insurance companies, so they can upgrade/get a new phone.
Message 11 of 216

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

You've been using this phone for over a month. Why would it all go wrong today? If the phone was IMEI locked it would have happened before now.

The original owner could have just reported it lost or stolen to make an insurance claim.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would cex take it back or fix it if I take it to them with the receipt

Message 13 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's imei locked yes as they place their own 12 month warranty on phones.

"We also offer a 12 month warranty on all items, except consumables (e.g. batteries, projector bulbs etc.) so if your item develops a fault within 12 months contact us as soon as possible. We will attempt to repair your item, failing that we will replace it. If neither is possible, we’ll offer you a refund to the original payment method to the item’s current sales value."

https://uk.webuy.com/support/wesellhelp.php
Message 14 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mobile data works 

Message 15 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable
This can be the case I'm afraid.

Have you thought about trying the checkmend link to see if it is imei locked ?
Message 16 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the best thing to do is take it to the cex store tommorow morning with the reciept and tell them the problem...

plus the receipt aint got my name onit Iis that ok

Message 17 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just going to try it now
Message 18 of 216

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Normally the name is not on the receipt if buying from CEX as you don't have to be a member to do so.

To sell to them you do and your name is on a sale receipt to them.

Take it all in and see what they say.

Speak to your friend so they know they may be needed to attend.
Message 19 of 216

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The mobile data works 

Classic symptoms - definitely blocked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 216