cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly used all data allowance in 6 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost my phone on the 29th of June in morocco whilst on holiday. I rang up O2 a couple of days later to cancel the sim.

My allowances also refresh of the 28th of the month.

I received my new micro sim on the 7th of July and by the 8th I had it all activated again, however late in the evening I received message from O2 saying I've nearly used all of my data for the month. Since the new phone has had access to the Internet for roughly 6 hours (and I have used a small amount of data) I find this very hard to believe.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? And if so is there anything I can do to sort it out?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I lost my phone on the 29th of June in morocco whilst on holiday. I rang up O2 a couple of days later to cancel the sim.

I received my new micro sim on the 7th of July and by the 8th I had it all activated again, however late in the evening I received message from O2 saying I've nearly used all of my data for the month. Since the new phone has had access to the Internet for roughly 6 hours (and I have used a small amount of data) I find this very hard to believe.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? And if so is there anything I can do to sort it out?

Thanks.

Had the finder of your lost phone used some of your available data ?

Which phone are you using and what is your data bundle ?

Smartphones use data in the background via certain apps updating along with location services , and even siri from iphones use data.

If you call 02 they will be able to see what and when has been used.

202 = pay monthly

4445 = payg.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

Had the finder of your lost phone used some of your available data ?

Which phone are you using and what is your data bundle ?

Smartphones use data in the background via certain apps updating along with location services , and even siri from iphones use data.

If you call 02 they will be able to see what and when has been used.

202 = pay monthly

4445 = payg.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I rang O2 they said that the handset had not been used - at least not on the O2 network. But when I was in Morocco the handset was on a Moroccan network anyway.

I have 1GB of data allowance and I had and also have an iPhone 4S. It's extremely unrealistic to think that 900mb of data had been used by little Internet usage on my new phone and background usage.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check your data usage in My O2 especially for the dates. If it was a couple of dates before the phone was blocked then I would suspect that the data might have been used by the lowlife who stole your phone.

If this is the case, you may get a shock looking at recent charges. I do hope not but either way you should find out whether the data has been used on the new phone.

Message 4 of 4