cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently got married and wish to change my name on my account.  I can't find anywhere on your website to do this.  Please can you advise where to look?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's an interesting piece of advice to remember for the future.

Is this stipulated in o2's Terms and Conditions and whereabouts please , so I can book mark it.

Thank you.
Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Actually, thinking about it, you used to be able to fill out a form online and scan proof of name change and attach it - I wonder if that is still available.....?
Ah yes, here it is although it does say it's for home phone (old) so may not work with mobile, but proof that evidence is required nevertheless..... http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(HomePhone...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You're right @MI5 and it won't be covered by O2's terms and conditions because it's a legal obligation not an optional ammendment.
If you change your name either by marriage or deed poll you are committing to legally using that name from then on. You must also notify any service providers of your new name in a legally registered manner (by way of post or digital transfer) but must include proof of the change to avoid fraud.
It is also the case that it must be done before an upgrade takes place because by applying in your old name is obtaining credit by deception.
Message 13 of 13