cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys and girls, got a bit of a problem and im hoping its at o2's end and not mine.

had my galaxy s5 since release date around 2 months ago and had no problems until yesterday. when i try make a phone call i get "not registered on network" error message. sometimes turning my phone off and on again gives me 5 or so minutes of signal then it drops again. this also affects data and text messages. i also get "selected network (o2-uk) unavailable" in my notification bar and searching for it on the mobile networks option only lets me reconnect sometimes (maybe 1 in 5 times)

any help much appreciated!

cheers

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Sometimes just turning your phone off and back on helps resolved lots of glitches.

Please work through the generic solutions found in this Self Help Thread.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

You may need to have your phone checked over by Samsung Uk Support if it turns out that the network is not at fault.

Try your sim in another phone as a process of elimination.

If your still having problems after then please don't hesitate to re post and other solutions can hopefully be offered.
Message 2 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Shake the phone to see if aerial is loose?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hi, can you see if any software update has put your handset into 4G only as a setting, this setting can be usually found in settings-network-mobile network.
If it is set to 4G only (LTE) then it may be worth changing to 4G/WCDMA/2G as this setting allows registering of the phone on all available network bands.
If that setting (or any other multiple band setting) is already selected, it may be a case of getting o2 to check the phone to check for a fault or, if preferred, going to a Samsung service centre.
Your nearest Samsung service centre can be located here:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
tried sim in another phone and it was working but its worked on mine as well now and then and sometimes its fine for up to an hour then it disconnects so its hard to tell which is at fault at the minute. i was kind of hoping for someone to say "yeah, o2 are having problems at the minute" 😞
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
i dont think its that because my phone still shows the signal bar changing even though it wont connect to o2. thanks
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
ive got a choice of:
4g/3g/2g (auto connect)
3g/2g (auto connect)
3g only
2g only (calls and texts)
at the minute i have to keep switching between the top 2 and my signal phone works for a few minutes before disconnecting again.
thanks!
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with MI5 here... could this be a faulty aerial as seen in this thread?

on an unrelated note...interesting to see that you still have the "3G Only" option!

Message 8 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I agree also, it would seem your aerial or something else in your radio receiver is faulty.
I personally would contact Samsung to get this checked out for you. If you're unable to get to a Samsung service centre, O2 can arrange all this for you (provided you purchased it direct from o2),
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your handset is still under warranty then would advise you to either take it to, or send it to, Samsung Service Centre. You can call them and if you live too far away they will arrange collection.

Please note though that you are likely to be without the handset for up to 3 weeks.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 10 of 23